Sunday 25 May 2014

"To have and to hold."

Bags are to me what shoes are to most women. I'm not so big on accessorizing and I always keep it simple although I do comprise when it comes to any type of bag. From shoulder bags,clutches,shopper bags and luggage (which I'm completely obsessed over) you name it,I'm all over it. 

A good bag goes a long way and just like shoes,you can never have too many. As they say,one can tell a persons personality from the shoes they're wearing and I think the same goes for bags. I don't know if it's one of the gifts that come along with being a fashion designer or stylist but I can pretty much tell who you might be as a person from a simple glimpse of your bag. (I'm more than willing to be tested on this one.)




I recently watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' for like the hundredth time and this quote pretty much sums it up.

'The Devil Wears Prada'

Nate: Why do women need so many bags?
Lilly: Shut up.
Nate: You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that's it. You're done.
Doug: Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity.
Lilly: Oh! And it's pretty.
Doug: That too.

No comments:

Post a Comment